SCOM Integration ServiceNow (Bi-directional)
One of Evanios’ most popular features is SCOM integration ServiceNow. This article describes our pre-packaged solution’s 2-way integration (or call back) process.
Evanios’ SCOM to ServiceNow integration performs several functions:
- Forward events from SCOM into Evanios
- De-duplicate the events
- Correlate remaining events with each other and with ServiceNow data (such as Incident, Change and CMDB)
- Creation of correlated and intelligent incidents that include all available data, in order to help the support team resolve the failure
Once an incident is created, the incident ID and other fields are sent back to SCOM and included in the SCOM alert.
In it’s simplest form, the integration allows you to update the SCOM alert and include the Incident ID in the Ticket Id field. Because the Evanios integration is so flexible however, many Evanios customers are doing much more than just sending an incident ID back to SCOM. For example:
- The SCOM Integration to ServiceNow will allow you to send back to SCOM any Information available on the incident form, event form (or any field in ServiceNow). A common requirement is to send back the Incident priority, assignment group and Incident state. CustomFields in SCOM can be used as a place holder for this data.
- Another common requirement is to update the SCOM alert each time the incident changes state or assignment. For example if a ticket gets re-assigned to a different group, the SCOM alert will be updated automatically.
- If an incident is resolved, the SCOM resolution state will be changed to 255 (Resolved state).
The Evanios SCOM integration to ServiceNow offers the most complete solution available in the market. It will maintain all Microsoft SCOM event details, can be implemented in just a few hours and is available in every version of our software.